- History of the Commission
- Staff Bios
- JUSFC Members
- Administrative Policies
- JUSFC, CULCON, USJBF Organizational Comparison
- Institutional Grants
- U.S.-Japan Creative Artists Exchange Fellowships
- Social Science Fellowships
Applying for an Institutional Grant
Applicants must submit their proposals by Email and in hard copy directly to JUSFC’s Washington, D.C. office by the deadline. Applicants must use the Institutional Grant Application Cover Sheet 2017. All proposals must be:
- Headed by the the JUSFC grants application cover sheet
- Accompanied by a budget page PDF format Excel format
- Accompanied by abbreviated cvs of the principal project participants
- Submitted in MSWord or equivalent format as an e-mail attachment to grants[at]jusfc[dot]gov
- Submitted additionally double-sided, unbound and unstapled on three-hole punched paper (one copy)
- Accompanied by one copy each of as much background and explanatory material as necessary to support project design, budget request and statements and claims made in the application narrative.
JUSFC has only one grant cycle per year. Grants are typically decided at the JUSFC Grantmaking Meetings in September. Please see FAQs for details.
The annual deadline for submitting proposals is July 1, 5:00 p.m. ET. If July 1 falls on a weekend, the deadline for receipt of the application will always be 5:00 p.m. ET on the following Monday. Proposals received after this date will be returned to the applicant for possible submission to a subsequent grant cycle.