- History of the Commission
- Staff Bios
- JUSFC Members
- Administrative Policies
- JUSFC, CULCON, USJBF Organizational Comparison
- Institutional Grants
- U.S.-Japan Creative Artists Exchange Fellowships
- Social Science Fellowships
Applying for an Institutional Grant
Applicants submit their proposals in hard copy directly to JUSFC’s Washington, D.C. office. Applicants must use the JUSFC Institutional Grant Application Instructions & Cover Sheet. Inquiries should be addressed to grants[at]jusfc[dot]gov. All proposals must be:
- Headed by the the JUSFC grants application cover sheet
- Accompanied by a budget page PDF format Excel format
- Accompanied by abbreviated cvs of the principal project participants
- Submitted in 25 copies
- Submitted double-sided, unbound on three-hole punched paper
- Submitted additionally in Word format as an e-mail attachment to grants[at]jusfc[dot]gov
- Accompanied by one copy each of as much background and explanatory material as necessary to support project design, budget request and statements and claims made in the application narrative.
Grants are typically decided at the JUSFC Grantmaking Meetings in September. Please see FAQs for details.
The deadline for receipt of proposals at the JUSFC offices is July 1, no later than 5:00 p.m. ET. If July 1 falls on a weekend, the deadline for receipt of hard copies will be the following Monday. Proposals received after this date will be returned to the applicant for possible submission to the next grant-making cycle.